5/27/09

Poetry - Use To Be Mine

Unfamiliar to the notion of being alone...still recalling your embrace
that amazing face that I see...walking...grasping hands
Another lady admiring my man...that used to be
Entirely, but this is not a fantasy but a harsh reality

A lil green...I admit, to the thought of you and she...
that "she" used to be me, now in the past tense..
EX...cuse my stingy feelings letting go is not a forte' of mine
Yet it is simply futility... to go about dwelling on the history of once upon a time
Memories of our love still reside in my mind
and love is all I have left to hold on to
I can't push away the thought of having to let go
but can't bare not being that "she" who's with you

I sit and contemplate everyday about what made you leave me for “she”
The day you decided my time had expired and that “she” was where you wanted to be,
I continually play back the day you left in my mind over and over and over again
Trying to see what you didn’t get from me that now you think you have found in “she”

Emptiness on that side of the bed where you laid night after night
And still here I sit EX..citedly anticipating conversations yet to be had
Only to realize that what was is no longer what is but rather what will never be again
Realizing I may never be able to speak us into existence


I overstand what she has is very little to my standards.
No longer will I dream those dreams, future plans of you being my man, white gown "Best couple in town"...that was all an illusion so I've come to this
conclusion!
Thanks for your time, but no longer will I dwell on what;
"Used To Be Mine".

No comments: