1. I was at the mall the other day when I saw an old couple sitting together. The man looked over at the woman and said,
"Jane, we did it. We grew old together."
The look in her eyes GMH.
2. My older sister just won her battle with cancer, but she still wears a wig.
This morning in our bathroom she was putting it on, when our 9 year old brother comes in and tells her "You are very pretty with the wig, but without it, you're the most beautiful person in the world."
The innocence and hope our brother has GMH.
3. My father was diagnosed with cancer and passed away 4 years ago. Recently, I stopped by his online blog.
I found out my son had been leaving him comments, saying things like how he missed him, and how he is studying hard in school, and that he would study hard to find a cure to cancer so that people wont miss their grandfather like he does. GMH
4. Yesterday, I went to buy roses.
In front of me was the grandfather of a friend of mine, who wanted a heartshaped bouquet of red roses, just so that 'his wife would know that she is his world, and forever has his heart'. The man is 92 years old and celebrated his 64th year of marriage last week. His unconditional love GMH
5. Today, I went to pick my grandma up from the airport. There, I saw a boy waiting with a big bouquet of roses. I thought it was for his girlfriend. Later, he rushed off as a group of people came into the arrivals area.
Turns out, the bouquet was for his grandma. His kindness and LGMH.
6. My grandparents divorced and spent 30 years mad at each other.
When I was a teenager, my grandpa decided to pursue my grandma. They fell completely in love all over again. Even when the dementia set in she remembered him. Their reconciliation and abounding love was amazing. Love that conquers all GMH
7. When my sister was younger she came home from school one day and demanded I take her to the library so she could get books on sign language.
I asked why? She told me there was a new kid at school who was deaf and she wanted to befriend him. Today I stood beside her at their wedding watching her sign "I DO". GMH
8. 22 years ago, a 16 year old girl was pregnant with a baby of rape.
Understanding the circumstances, her parents told her to abort or be disowned. Her best friend - her 18 year old neighbor - although he was not the father, stepped into the father figures shoes. They got married 2 years later.
Mom and Dad, your love for me and for each other GMH.

No comments:
Post a Comment